Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wine of the day.



Walking down 2nd street Walla Walla, Juan and I passed by wine tasting room that echoed the swaying tunes of Bob Marley. Juan and I decided to go into the taste the local flavors of Walla Walla. Being in the wine industry I try to support all winery in WW. By the time I leave this great valley I hope to go to all 184 wineries. (I have high hopes) So Juan and I adventured into Sleight of Hand Cellars. When you walk in your eyes go straight to the vintage magic poster, and fun magic theme to all their wine labels. All of their wines were earthy and berry forward. Two of my favorites were there Gewurztaminer style wines one had high acid and nice sugars, which made it nice to pair with asian food or spicy thai food. The second one was a great sipper like an after dinner wine. Juan found a wonderful red wine as well. They called it a BBQ wine, which tasted fruit forward and spicy smokey hints of flavor. It was only $12-! I recommend their wines to anyone who wants a magical feel to their wine experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment